What's new
What's new

thru spindle coolant

pilgrimtt

Cast Iron
I have read thru the other posts about this. I am seriously wondering if that option would be bad to have on the machine for me. Most of my work now is wide open (7500 rpm) using small cutters on aluminum. I want to run 12,000 all the time with an ss model. It is an expensive option plus might be potential trouble in upkeep. Any feedback would be appreciated.

To me, who machines aluminum in a very high volume production environment, CTS is a _must have_ option. It allows you to increase feed rates, evacuate chips from the cutting area and increases tool life. This really should be standard equipment, imho.

On my 2005 VF2-ss I can only run tsc at max 10,000 rpm.
Don't know if they have changed it or not.
Nope, still 10k max RPM on my late 2007 VF-2ss. I'm running Blaser at 10-12% and don't really use the TSC that much, but when I do, I'm very happy I got it. Only problem so far is if it isn't used often enough the coolant in the lines can be alittle stinky. Flush it once a week or more and that problem goes away.

Our shop won't buy a machine unless it has TSC. We use it on about everything that we can. from endmills to boring bars if the tooling is capable its blowing through.

Back