What's new
What's new

Coolant level float

david n

Diamond
My coolant level on my fv2 control screan always reads low even though the tank is full. I checked the little float for and interfernce and the wiring to it. I'm thinking the float/level reader assembly is shot. Anyone else have this problem? If so, how much was it to replace the level reader?

My coolant level on my fv2 control screan always reads low even though the tank is full. I checked the little float for and interfernce and the wiring to it. I'm thinking the float/level reader assembly is shot. Anyone else have this problem? If so, how much was it to replace the level reader?

We've had the problem twice. It was replaced under warranty once. It still didn't work(Think they sent me the wrong model), and I never use it anyways, so I didn't care at all and just left it.

When the tech was out, he played with the parameters, and there's some setting where you can change the range of values that tells the machine the high and low points of the float. Not sure what it is.

Hi.
None of the float switches on our 4 HAas machines give accurate level readings.

I feel Its just a hindrance to cleaning the coolant tank and never bothered getting it to work. We can get the level byu just leaning over to the left side of the machine and seeing the cut out on the tank top...

MJM

We have 3 Haas lathes and 2 mills and none of them have it on there. When they set them up we had them leave it off. My eyes work i can tell when its low.

My older machine had one of those level things that didn't work well at all. I fixed it real good by disconnecting.
Now I use the "Gergle Method" that is I hear the pump gergle and I do a "Wilson Inc" by glancing at the tank and saying yup she be gergling cause there be no coolant. My guys tend to use the "Pop Method" that is they wait till the gergle stops, coolant stops flowing, chips pile up and "Pop" the endmill breaks.

Back