What's new
What's new

From kitamura to Haas

jef5150

Plastic
A little background..Ive been setting up kitamura my-centers for 10 yrs.My previous employer would hand me a work order/print and i would saw the material,upload the programs,rough,finish mill,first article each finish op,and give to Qa for final inspection,...then to shipping dept..,"job complete".I left on good terms ,landed a job "referred" by 1 of my "unsuccessful" interviews.Small shop,2 employees and the owner.I made it "VERY" clear during the interview that i have never touched a HaasVMC before.He said "NO problem",i can really use your help setting up" ...On a "kit" you use T#,input,m6 input,output start -to get a tool from the carasoel.On the Haas it was t# carosoel rt(?).Setting tool length on a "kit" is EOB Z, input.I believe the haas was "set tool measurement".Different procedure-same result.Ive been there 5 days and he has showed me 2 things.The rest of the time im "makin chips".'I'm trying to learn his job procedures but hes not helping to much:mad:.I know what i want the machine to do,i just need help "telling" the Haas to do it!...He doesnt have any operator manuals,,,i already asked!
Do you "haas guys" know of a few websites that would give me any info on operating the control panels and soft key functions.

jeff

i wouldn't sweat it too much . if you can operate any similar machine , a haas should be
of little difficulty getting used to ...they're highly self explanatory , many functions are
simply buttons on the pendant .with the manual and the provided cheat-sheet it's easy.

also, unlike fanuc and some other controls, haas doesn't really care about format.
as long as you have your commands in a reasonable order , it will generally work fine.

1 -m- code per line , 1 modal command at a time from the same group . h and t agreement,
(which can be disabled ) proper lead-in-out for cutter comp......decimal point on your -f-
rates......... that's all that comes to mind. good luck.

Back