What's new
What's new

Machining at 1300ipm

carbonbydesign

Plastic
Guys here a link to pull down a video of our Haas GR408 machining at 1300 ipm. I have friends with Thermwoods and Motion Masters that can't even rapid that fast. If you guys need large format machining I can't say enough good things about this machine. We have subsequently refined this program and achieved 1580IPM when running from memory. The video was filmed while the file was running from a USB stick.

The setup

Hold down was double sided tape to a complete table sized vacuum chuck, 1/2" carbide burr, cutting 50lbs density Rohacell.

Video 70megs https://www.carbonbydesign.com/secure/1300ipm.zip

My filter got hung on your link. :confused:

How doo you git correct positioning at that speed?

Doo you have cooled screws, thrusts, motors?

--------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

Ha, worked for me! Not familiar with the material you were cutting but looked similar to HDF wood. I an curious about the spiral pocket path. It sure looked like it did not know what to do or something. Seemed to stutter or something. Was it supposed to do that?

I was kind of expecting some 30-50K spindle. You show spindle rpm near 7600. That would put load per tooth at .040-.080" How is that finish? I know our router runs at 24K and we still won't run those speeds because out finish suffers so much even in wood.

Good show!

I wasnt able to watch either..I think you have to unzip or something, too much work for me.

Anyhow, We have a gr510 they go fast but the accuracy is not good. They are kinda flymsy, in order to achieve decent finish you would have to slow it down ALOT. The machine needs time to catch up to the actual position programmed at those speeds.

Not bad for cutting foam.... Rohacell is a high density structural foam... its not wood. Be more interesting to see what the average or maintained feed is. Of course, maybe in something besides rohacell. But please.... not another mega-meg video.... something a little more streaming would be nice.... Although I'd have to say the resolution was real nice.

Viper... I see that too. I'm thinking the the program is doing the arcs in alot of linear motion maybe? But most of the time when I've seen Haas do this is the machine is trying to keep itself from overunning the control and visa-versa. It might be programmed at 1300ipm.... it ain't hitting it in that many places... if it actually does..... And, he said he's using a carbide burr. Not an endmill.

Back