Z.1
G01 Z-.5 F.02
M11 (UNCLAMP CHUCK)
G01 Z3.06
M10 (CLAMP CHUCK)
G00 Z4.
X10.Z10.
M00

I get an error msg "spindle is not turning". Well, yeah, I don't want it turning. What am I missing? Many thanks.

Mark

I think you need to be in inches per minute, dont forget to switch back to ipr. I usually do that right after my feed move off the part.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply gents, truly appreciated.

Added a G98 to the start and G99 to the end of this operation.

Any idea why the coolant turns on during this step? Fairly new to this machine and it looks like the control reads previous steps (including in MDI) before executing the line I'm currently on. (thinking previous operator may have changed a parameter somewhere?) The step prior to the stock puller is a face and turn op.

Again, thank you for your time!

Mark

You might also get an error if you try to single block when the chuck is open. I get one on my sl-10.

What machine is this? SL-30, TL-3?

If I may ask another question while I am here... I added an M99 at the end so it would loop and repeat. How can I tell it to run say 15 pieces and pause? It's got a bar feeder, but that thing is sooooo slow and tedious. The stock puller works much faster and more consistantly. It doesn't look like any of the params for the bar feeder will do what I need for the puller. Thank you!

Mark

I haven't used Macros before, will give it a look.

Pause = return tool turret to safe position and wait for me to hit cycle start again. The bars are diff lengths and I don't want to damage the stock puller (or anything else!) if the last few bits are too short to machine. This way I can watch the last one or two pieces and stop the machne myself when the last one is done.

Mark

MO will stop machine and allow you to continue with a press of the cycle start button.
M1 will stop machine as well if you use the "Op Stop"

Coolant stays on probly because you did not enter a M9 before calling the Puller. Machine automatically shuts coolant prior to indexing turret, without the M9 she turns it back on again. Real fun when you forget and open the door, God I love the taste of Cold Coolant in the Morning!

I found best way to avoid running into trouble with the loop counts and short bars... Set loop for the shortest bar and run them all, then go back and adjust the loop for the remaining shorts.

Your machine has to have the MACROS option functional.

CNC MACROS are not the same as computer macros. CNC MACROS are simply an extension to the G-code language. With MACROS you can use variables (#100, etc.), do math and logical operations, do conditional functions (if, then), and DPRNT (output to the RS232 port).

You could write a program that would execute your subroutine N times, then do M0 and repeat the M0 after each additional part.

In a different way you could measure the length of stock, load this value at the start of the program, and the program would calculate the number of pieces and stop automatically. Or you calculate the number of pieces from the length and enter the count.

Thank you very much for the further information gents. PBMW's addition to my program is working fine. Also set it up to run the shortest length.

SIM, too funny about the coolant. One thing I've found with this particular machine, rather accidentally, is that after the coolant shuts off, and you *think* it's done, it surges one last time and catches ya off gaurd lol Not sure if maybe there's a bad check valve somewhere or what, but I have to wait a few extra seconds to open the door.

I'll add in the M09 prior to the puller.

Thanks again gents, and good day to you!

Mark

If you like that...try blowing the chips out of the holes along the perimeter of the turret. It took me quite sometime to realize that the holes from adjacent stations intersect.
No matter how much I tried covering the hole I was trying to clean out I would get a face, shirt full of chips and coolant. Then finally one day I put 2 and 2 together, blow in this hole and it blows out the other hole right into my face...duh.

Back