What's new
What's new

Haas UK prices

Well, for years there was a £ to $ parity with prices USA to UK.; i.e. a machine that cost $40,000 in the USA would be £40,000 in the UK. The exchange rate was then about $1.50 to £1. Equivalent price should have been about £27000. When asked the reason the salesmen would ambiguously witter on about import duties, taxes etc. Now the exchange rate is just about $2 to the £ the prices have not moved. I will be asking my Haas UK salesman why I cannot now buy that $40,000 machine for £20,000. I bet he will tell me it's still £40,000.( $80,000!!!!)

Do you want to buy a BMW Mini? In the USA the list Price For a Cooper S is $19850, i.e £10,123. In the UK the list price is £17,000; i.e over $33,000. The Mini factory is 10 miles from where I live in the UK..........

Sorry to repeat this; welcome to Ripoff Britain.

Is there anything we can do about this?

Mike.

MikeJB,
You guys over there are enjoying the difference in currency on all kinds of things.
I ASSumed that was across the board. Talk about taking it in the shorts..Well the answer is on these kind of items the factory / dealer network is setting prices..(price fixing).
I used to be a distributor for a product that did the same. The exchange rate was not the problem, they just had one distributor for all of UK and he was +40% just because.
I sent a lot of gifts to the UK for several years :cheers:
Gary

Back