What's new
What's new

USB- cannot FNC from this device

AF-METALS-TECH

Aluminum
I read through the manual and set up the parameters for DNC as per the suggested bit rate ETC. However I am getting an alarm that says change setting # 134 for the usb device. But I can't find this setting it jumps from #133 to 140 or so there is no 134-139 parameters. I think it was set up to be networked so there is ADV/TCP screen. Under settings in the manual #134 is connection type and 135 is network type, under 135 it says you will get the network screen and not the 134-139 parameters to reset to default set the "NET TYPE" to "NONE", WHERE DO YOU GO TO SET THE NET TYPE I spent seven hours trying to figure this out and now I have a headache. As before this is a vf1 about two years old. Thanks for any help.

I do not have a USB port on a HAAS.

If we are still talking about your running a program from a USB memory stick, then what does bit rate have to do with the application? From an application point of view the USB memory looks like an addressable memory.

USB is a type of serial communication, but not one where you directly control those serial parameters like an RS232 port.

I can not tell you how you set up for DNC from the memory stick, if it is possible, as distinguished from the stick being treated as an addressable memory. The discussion on your previous thread seemed to imply use of the memory stick as an addressable memory, and that there were desirable characteristics, such as subroutine capability which is not possible with drip feed (DNC).

Put ALL of those settings back to how they were. You need none of them. I don't know if that's the problem or not though...some thumbdrives have been reported to not work very well, but it seems inconsistent on which brands work well. When I get home from work I'll post the brand name of my thumbdrive, but I doubt that's the problem either.

Change those network settings, power down and try it again.

Let’s try this again; I have tried several thumb drives of varying mfg. I believe the problem is setting 134 is set for "NET". When I search for setting 134, go to setting type in 134 and up arrow key I get screen(A)ADV TCP.
On page 183 of the users guide 135 network type it says "This setting can be NONE,NOVELL,NT/IPX or ADV/TCP. It specifies the user-supply network connection type. When it is set to None, only a floppy disk or user-supplied ZIP drive is accessible. If ADV/TCP is selected, a setting page will appear in place of setting 135(and apparently 134). To revert back, change "NET TYPE" to "NONE".

What I am asking is how to revert back to setting 134 and 135 etc? I don't know where to set the NET TYPE to NONE. Does any body know anything about this?
The parameter I changed yesterday was for the DNC RS-232 page 34 of the op manual recommended settings for DNC they are set exactly as recommended.
Thanks for all of the help, If I can't get this figured out too soon I will check with the HAAS tech who will be installing the new TM2 when it gets here in a couple of weeks!!!

AF:

Go to cnczone.com then forums and scroll down to HAAS mills.

Then address your post to HAILINHAAS. I believe he works for HAAS and tends to scan cnczone. You can also post a message to him by clicking on his name somwhere.

Back