What's new
What's new

Question about phase conveters

lane

Cast Iron
I know about machine work and mechanics but electrics nothing much. I have a Ronk rotary 6 kva phase converter. How and where do you check the legs for balanced voltage. Is it with the mill running or just at the phase converter out put Also I have noticed some converters have a switch are relay to kick out the start capacitor after starting mine does not .Trying to figurer all this out . would like to try and build a larger unit if i can find some instructions are plans and find out how to know what size capacitors I need and how many. Can some one point me in the right direction.Just remember you are talking to a dummy when it comes to electronics.

You would check your voltage with the load applied and on the output side of the converter. You have what is called a selfstarting RPC that uses just run capacitors.
There are alot of phase converter plans on the internet, so google the search term phase converter plans or I can post a diagram if you cant find one.

What size phase converter do you want to build? There are several plans available on this site but maybe not the size you want. You will need to post specifices before anyone can help very much.

Bruce Norton
Kingsport, Tn

Back