What's new
What's new

HAAS 95 VF0 alarm 104

wildchild

Plastic
I'm getting a 104 alarm when I do my power up.

My manual shows " Y servo error to large"

Any one have any idea were to start looking for the problem?

I have the feeling this one could get expensive

Check power to the machine and all terminations. We had that one hit us before and it was a loose terminal causing unbalanced loads on the servos. Of course the Haas tech wanted to throw boards and money at the problem but it worked before we moved it. Vibrations can loosed some stuff. You may also want to make sure your Y is not binding up.

Thanks Viper.

Twice it would home the xyz axis but then the spindle would not orientate. Its almost like the drive motor is not functing properly also.

look at the z motor, if it has 4 black screw caps evenly spaced around the outside it is the brush type, the brushless has a finned looking motor

If it is brushless I think I would look at the limit switch, a bit sticky can cause this, you can access it under the front way cover, you may have to run the table back to do this so "turn it off" and you can turn the ball screw by hand. a bit of wd40 may get it back to life enough to proove you need to replace it.

I'm getting a 104 alarm when I do my power up.

My manual shows " Y servo error to large"

Any one have any idea were to start looking for the problem?

I have the feeling this one could get expensive

I have a 1992 VF-0, though I have never encountered your condition, I do have a service manual from Haas.....Mechanical, and Electrical. Both items combined cost $80.00.....money well spent.
In the service manual, I don't see anything about "Alarm 104", but with regards to the "servo error to large", here is what the manual states:

"This alarm occurs when the difference between the commanded axis position and the actual position becomes larger then the maximum that is set in the parameter. This condition occurs when the amplifier is blown, is not receiving the commands, or the 320V power source is dead. If the MOCON (I have no idea what that is) is not sending the correct commands to the amplifier, it is probably due to a broken wire, or a phasing error that was generated."

Hopefully someone will be able to translate that for you, because I have no idea what the hell they are saying.......just thought I'd help steer you in some direction what ever that may be......hopefully in the right one. ;)

Best Regards,
Russ

The motor is brushless.

I tried cleaning up the y axis switch still the same.

Thanks for posting that russ, I might have to make a call see if theres a tech coming in to my area soon. What yo uposted is probally way over my head.

My manual I got has the alarm 104 in it maybe the alarms for the 1992 were bit diffrent?

Thanks Viper.

Twice it would home the xyz axis but then the spindle would not orientate. Its almost like the drive motor is not functing properly also.

All things that can be caused by a low DC buss. your spindle drive is what creates the DC voltage for the PWM axis amps. If errors are showing up at random on different axis, I would be looking at a power or ground problem first.

The MOCON board is what will send the signals to the axis amps. Very possible you have a termination that is dirty or what not. Very common in electronics to unplug and replug things to get better contact.

Should not be a problem as long as you transfer the power and the MOCON plugs together. You don't want it to send command for X and actually move the Y. Those amps rarely fail but it can rule it out anyway.

I talked to tech, he figured y axis motor he had one other day same code . I switched around my x and y axis on my servo amp board and the x axis was doing same thing . I'm thinking thats my problem is the y axis servo amp board.

Can you have these rebuilt or repaired?

Probably just saved your self some coin there by troubleshooting that. I know Haas does not rebuild them but they are stupid simple. Pull the thing out and inspect for obvious damage. They should have MOVs on the board to deal with transients and caps occasionally go boom too. If all else fails, call my guy at Tristar!! Guys I know there are Bruce and Robin and absolute top notch guys!! I think they specialize in Fanuc but can probably fix yours. You may want to check also for a broken terminal or trace on the board too.

The digital side should be all or nothing so I would lean towards the analog side or something dumb. ground??

I looked the board over and can't see any burn marks or any thing out of ordinary on the board.

If it was a ground wouldn't it probally showed up when I switched over the + - wires from the x axis?

I was thinking something internal in the servo amp. If you can find nothing wrong with it, I would call for a new one and call around for service of the one you have. I would probably do a bit more switching around to verify that is the problem though. No sense waiting for a part that will not fix the problem.

I'm just waiting for haas parts to get back to me, i'm sure the part can't be more than 50.00 lol.

They said they might have rebuilt ones and there 50% less than new

I switched all three of the boards around and the one does the same thing on the x and z axis.

Well if Haas does not trade you out and you want to get rid of that one, let me know. I kind of enjoy an electronics challenge. I would like to know what is wrong with it.

Back