What's new
What's new

20 hp single phase vfd

As much as I love VFD's, derating a large drive for 20hp single phase service is an expensive way to do a job. Hitachi's L300P-150LFU2 (20hp with three phase input) costs $831 less. A really nice RPC can be built for $831 ... it could power any number of three phase VFD's without derating:D

You can also find single phase VFDs in large sizes ,made by Polyspede, and for sale on www.driveswarehouse.com

LOL, that eBay item IS a Polyspeed converter, and the eBay seller IS Driveswarehouse.com!

Funny, Polyspeed used to be the US brand label for Hitachi before Hitachi started selling here themselves. Now it looks as though they have their own brand, playing in the 1 phase conversion niche. Good for them, carving out a little corner of a complicated market dominated by very big companies. Gotta like their spirit.

Digital converter or a VFD?

I'm currently using a 10HP RPC on a Mazak QT8 10 HP spindle but in the process of adding a Mill which also has a 10 HP Spindle. I'm thinking that since I'm purchasing a new mill, it would be a good time to upgrade to a digital converter. Could a 20 HP VFD be used as opposed to a 20 HP digital converter?

A Phase perfect digital converter 20 HP is around $4600 but a 20 HP VFD is around $2600. What make the price difference?

Back