What's new
What's new

next tool button on controller

moldmaker10

Aluminum
We've had our Vf-2 running for a couple weeks now and have a question. I have the hand held remote pendant where during set up when I select next tool the machine brings down the next tool for set up. However when I wish to use the the next tool button on the main controller itself nothing happens. Yes the remote pendant is set back in its proper location before trying to access the main controller. Is this normal? I know the set up guy from Haas try to use the button and it didn't work for him either. He just kind of blew it off.

as long as you hit (set tool) then (next tool) it should make the change. if its not working get it fixxed. you payed big money for a machine you want it to work right. would you spend 50k on a new car and if the wipers didnt work just shrug it off?

If I understand your post you are putting the hand-held back in the holder and trying to work the controller without pressing the hand-held button. Is this correct?

If this works like my TM-1 then you must hold the button down on the hand-held anytime you want to press buttons on the controller, this is a safety switch. You can override the hand-held by pressing setng/graph , key in 51, press down arrow key (this will take you to the setting), press the right arrow key to change the setting, press write/enter. The controller will ask you if you really want to make this change, press Y. You must do this every time you start up the machine. Let me know if this helps.

You need to turn off the pendent to jog or tool change with the controller, does yours have an off button or knob?

Dave

I think for safety reasons the Next Tool button functions just after and ONLY just after the T-Offs-Measur is pressed.
If any other button is pressed, encluding entering the diameter for that tool, the Next-Tool button is disabled.
Many times it gave me a headsccratch, but at the same time many times I've thick-fingered the button by accident and blessed all gods in heaven that the button was not functioning.
It still is a great feature during setups once you get used to the sequence of next-tool, put tool in spindle, jog in Z, measure tool and then next tool again.
All you need at the end is enter the diameters.

I was touchin off a drill with the presetter on an SL 20.
Beeped in the Z ,and in my haste,"fat fingered" the next
tool button instead of F2 offset to centerline......Turret
indexed and wiped out the presetter. It was my fault
but those buttons should'nt be that close together.

Ford

Back