What's new
What's new

restarting after tool change

moldmaker10

Aluminum
Lets say you are for example you are drilling or milling and are half way through the program when you need to change inserts or drill. How can restart where you left off. I tried to do it the way the fanuc controllers work with no success. Thanks,

Once I enable setting 36 do I always leave this setting enabled? Also once enabled is there a procedure for getting started back at the point you left off in the program?

I only tried it once a long time ago but as I remember you change the setting, scroll to the point of the program where you want to start, slow everything down to a crawl, pusn cycle start and it will read thru the program until it catches up to the point where you want to start and it will continue, you can then speed it back up as you get to thinking it knows what it is doing, I would suggest practicing one time with the offset high.

Actually it works exactly as the Fanucs do.
As mentioned, scroll to the block you want to start from and push the green thingy. Depending on th software version of your control, you may have to manually turn on the coolant, but as of at least 2 years ago even that's not necessary as it picks up all modal settings and M-codes.
About the only thing you cannot do is jump in the middle of a macro or multiple sub call, otherwise it's as reliable as it gets.
On the mill, I'd say leave it on, while on lathes leve it off.

are you asking to start milling again in the midst of a 500 line contour? i do know that i
can restart at any toolchange in the program , just by scrolling to it. it will grab the previous
tool, make a false move , then grab the tool i've called and continue from the t.c.

Back