What's new
What's new

TM-1 Pushed to its limits?

We push our tm-1 much harder than that. Definitely not max of the mills capability's at all.

I have got to get one of the fanuc robots for my kid instead of the swing set!!

How do you guys like the TM-1? Is it worth buying a new tool room vs a fully enclosed used machine. I am looking to invest in a machine for prototyping, and it has to be able to do surfacing. what is the most elaborate part you made on your TM-1?

thanks

How do you guys like the TM-1? Is it worth buying a new tool room vs a fully enclosed used machine. I am looking to invest in a machine for prototyping, and it has to be able to do surfacing. what is the most elaborate part you made on your TM-1?

I chose the tool room because it does not have an enclosure we built one that allows us to hang odd shaped parts off the table in all directions we cut a lot of key ways on shafts that are 6-10 ft we use a home made brace to hold up the end and get after it. Also you cant fit a 24 x 24 in part in all small mill with the sheet metal on it.
It is messy to run though.
We also cut injection mold cavity's on it when the other mills are backed up.
Cant beat the price either but for us the atc would just get in the way. to bad changing tools by hand sucks.

Daniel

Back