What's new
What's new

Convertor ?

Get a friend to help you.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you're asking this, you probably don't have much experience with electrical stuff, or a multimeter. Find a friend to show you how to do this, somebody experienced with electrical stuff. You measure the voltage between the 3 hot wires going to the machine from the rotary converter while the motor is running under load, with a multimeter. You'll have 3 voltages, one from each of the single phase wires to the artificial phase, and the voltage between the single phase wires. If you need to ask questions about a multimeter, or what I mean by hot leads, PLEASE get somebody to show you the proper way to do this. You can KILL yourself poking around without knowing what you're doing. There are LOTS of threads about this, so the search button may be of some help. Try the stickies at the top of the forum. If you think you're able to tackle this, and have some questions, ASK before you hurt yourself. Just don't go poking around in there guessing on how to do it. :rolleyes5:

Junkyard's right...

John- Junkyard's right- if checking voltages is not something you're well familiar with, this isn't a place to start...

If you think you can handle it, though, give me a phone call, and I'll chat with you about it. If it's something I can walk through with you, I'd be happy to, and if not, I'll bet we can find someone in your area that can stop by to help.

Five six three, three four three, thirty-fourteen.

Last edited:

Back