What's new
What's new

TL-3 question

andy pullen

Hot Rolled
Hi all,

We just got a new TL-3 in our shop. It's got the newer control than our TL-1 and we are having trouble getting it ruuning in conversational mode. It's asking for tool offsets; and me being relatively new to cnc programming, I'm having trouble getting her running. I've inputted numbers from the zeroset positions and it's telling me the numbers aren't any good.

The TL-1 doesn't have a tool offset chart that I've been able to find....It's a piece of cake to program and run. It's limited in what it can do, but the things it can do, it does pretty well.

Help...

Thanks in advance.

Andy Pullen

Andy,

I have a TL-1 that had the software you mentioned and I didnt like it. I had our local Haas outfit upload a newer software and I think it is much better. I think you will like it too when you get used to it.

To set the tool you go to the setup tab and hit turret forward until you get to the tool number you want to set. Then postion the tool on the part and then hit the x or z axis measure button. The number is entered automatically, you dont have to enter any number except the diameter of the part and it asks you for that. I dont know if that helps you or not, maybe I dont understand what you are asking for but that is how mine works.

Personally I like it alot.

Charles

Back