What's new
What's new

Phoenix phase???

bdmanufacturing

Plastic
hey there just wondering about their converters,are they any good.also i have access to a hyundai high efficiency 208-230/460 15hp motor .it was just installed into a aircompressor when the compressor head blew up.am new to this and just got an elliot 12x36 lathe with a 6 hp 600v 3 ph motor,have changed it out to a baldor 5 hp 230v 3 ph.

thanks in advance:willy_nilly:

I don't like the pannels. They are fairly typical of eBay grade converters, maybe a little on the light side.

There are pictures of the insides of a 20 HP unit in the 7th post of this thread.

It switched 20 HP worth of starting cap through a Steveco potential relay that is rated for about 1/4 of that.

It used a main contactor with a 30 amp rating for a 20 HP motor. 20 HP motors draw closer to 60 amps, without considering the inrush current from the start caps.

-Joe

Oh No

sure wish i had asked sooner, its in the mail as they say

anyway when i get it i will be sure to post some pics and hopefully someone will help me fix it:bawling:

thanks Joe

Last edited:
I wonder if it will rise from the ashes?!?!?!

Yuk Yuk Yuk, sorry, couldn't resist. Maybe when it lets the smoke out, you can ask the manufacturer the same question. I hate when you figure out you just bought a piece of crap, you ought to see what the outright return policy is on such a POS. I BET they have an OUTRAGEOUS restocking fee as do MOST garbage peddlers. That's one way I decide whether to do business with a company, is how much the restocking fee is. It MAY be worth eating the restocking fee, sometimes it's just better to cut and run! :angry:

Back