What's new
What's new

Humidity and VFDs

rohamm

Aluminum
I have a couple Warner Nextdrives I picked up cheap when the local coffin factory went under ;)

They seem pretty spiffy compared to the my newer GS1: it has a 2 line display, the units can be scaled, plus it jogs.

Lately I've been working through some serious mechanical issues with my Rockwell 11, and now they've been sorted out, they seem to have been replaced with electronic ones.

The tact switches on the front panel became less than reliable.

I'd previously been using a homemade remote operator panel, but I took it out of the loop until I tracked down other issues. I hooked it back up once those were resolved and was within a hair of having it set up correctly to get all the features working when some of the front panel switches quit working.

I swapped in the panel from the other unit, but some of its switches have quit too.

A digital vom shows all the switches are closing, but the resistances vary considerably: from under 20 to over 35 ohms.

It's been wicked humid up here in New Hampshire, and these units are in the cellar.

Any reactions?

Most VFD's are rated up to 95% non-condensing humidity. If there is condensation then all bets are off...we all know that water and electricity don't get along too well.

John

Back