What's new
What's new

brushless rotary in brush machine

MarkJB

Aluminum
I talked with the very good rotary tech that our HFO has and he passed on something i didn't know. My VFOE is a 1999 model with brushless axis drives and brush rotary drive from the factory. When i wanted a hrt210 the salesman said to get a brush unit because converting is expensive with the amp and everything. So i bought a brush table even thought they were on the way out.
Turns out that machines of this vintage come with a brusless drive card and they add 2 transformers in the bottom of the cabinet to get the brush signal. If you look in the back of the machine the amp by itself will say brushless if it is.
So if you want to add a rotary you can buy a cable kit for $2xx and scrap the transformers and use a current brushless unit.
Useless salesmen

Any idea how far back this goes?

Time for a 4th for the old 94. Anyone have a low hours brush unit sitting around looking for a new home?:D

My guess would be that if the machine has brushless axis drives it probably has the same for the 4th. Mine is a late 98 with brushless drives on the main 3 axis. If your HFO doesn't know call Steve at Trident in CT, he is very good with the rotaries.

It turns out the on a machine as old as this that it is brush only. I have the brush type drive already installed and just need a table. Allendale is quoting me a rebuilt brush HRT 210. That should work out for my needs.

Back