What's new
What's new

Older 5C indexer

macona

Diamond
Picked up one of the older stepper driven indexers off craigslist. Nice and tight. Was used by Warn Winch to make some cams. Ended up paying $420.

Anyway, does anyone have a manual for this thing. I cant figure out how to program the thing. The controls are similar to the new ones but there are some differences I cant quite figure out.

DSC03683.jpg

so what are some of the differences you've noticed? i've used a bunch of different HAAS index heads at work, including the newer 5c indexer. i can look in the books of some of the older ones, but i need to know what programming isn't working.

For one thing when you go into programming mode the start and stop buttons do nothing. One the newer controls they are used to add and remove code lines.

Edit:

OK, the start and return buttons do their thing after all. Wasnt expecting to have to hold them to activate.

the reason i asked, is because that control looks identical to the control our newer head uses. i can't imagine there are many, if any differences in the programming end of those heads until you get to the higher end models.

We have that exact model at work with a manual. If you still have any questions I can look them up for you.

I know you posted this awhile ago but I just don't get the time to go through here as thoroughly as I would like.

Back