What's new
What's new

Phoenix phase box

bdmanufacturing

Plastic
here is a pic of rotary box that i recieved from phoenix.looking at it now is it as bad as everyone says,can anyone suggest upgrades???

Sorry it took so long to post pics Hockey for the kids(3 in rep(OMG)) started and am going crazy:crazy::crazy:

thanks in advance BDB

Attachments

• rotary box.jpg
    rotary box.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 4,031
  • rotary 1.jpg
    rotary 1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 942
  • rotary 2.jpg
    rotary 2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 460
  • rotary 3.jpg
    rotary 3.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 614
  • rotary 4.jpg
    rotary 4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 716
Wiring???

On the topic of above Phase converter box, the idler motor i want to run is a hyundia 15 hp motor(see pic)the wiring diagram is shown also.being new to this(omgh) can anyone tell me how to wire up the idler to the rpc(which diagram to follow??)

thanks BDB

Attachments

• 3 ph motor 1.jpg
    3 ph motor 1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 3 ph motor 2.jpg
    3 ph motor 2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 338
BDB,

Can you post a larger image of the wiring Diagram ? Too small to see! Also list voltage you want to wire motor for

Paul

The pictures are too low in resolution to see the ratings of the components.

What are the two contactors rated for amperage wise?

I assume that you have 220V single phase, so you will want to follow the wiring digram on your motor for low voltage.

-Joe

Full load amps on the 15 HP if run on three phase will be around 36 - 38, more on single phase. Contactors and wire size have to accomdate. Oversizing wire costs a little money but rewards with less light dimming.

I start a 15 HP with 1000 mfd of start caps. How many mfd of start caps in that box?

John Oder

hey there joe and john yes i have 220v in the garage.the rating on thecontactor is as follows VAC230,FLA40,LRA240,1PHP7.5,3PHP10/the other contactor has a lable over it but i will try to get it off.As to thevalue of the start caps the values have been washed off and as i am a electical newbie(dummy) no idea. if you can explain how you want them tested i can do that and let you know
the 15 hp mator has hi/low voltage but it also has a start and run diagram i know i use the low voltage but do i use the start or run diagram

Craig

thanks

Fairly typical of eBay grade RPCs.

The main contactor is rated at 10 HP 3 phase, 7.5 HP single phase. The logic used to spec this for a 15 HP motor escapes me. To be safe, you would want a contactor rated for your 15hp single phase since your idler is running on single phase, but at the very least the contactor should be rated at 15 hp three phase.

You can consider calling your manufacturer and asking why a contactor rated for 10 HP is being used in a 15 HP converter.

My guess is the other contactor might be undersized as well, but we would need the numbers off it to know for sure.

-Joe

How did you make out with this Phoenix box? I've been thinking of just doing the "box" route myself and adding a motor, but don't want to buy a system that is pure bunk.

Back