What's new
What's new

Adding Memory to VF0

billyghog

Plastic
I am working with an older (97) Haas VF0 that is really limited on memory - there is only about 70kb available when all the programs are erased. I took off the back panel and found the memory chips - it looks as if I could just buy more chips and solder them into place (see attached picture). The RAM chips currently installed are "HY62256ALP-10" which are 32 kb each. Has anyone done this before? Haas wants a rediculous amount for a new board and the memory chips are cheap (~ $8 each). I'm not concerned about the soldering, I'm more concerned that other components won't be able to recognize the new memory and would need to be upgraded as well... Thanks!

Attachments

• memory.jpg
    memory.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 699
I know this is an old post but the question is the same. I have a 95 VF-2 with one meg of memory. My control uses KM681000BLP-7L memory chips for the static ram. I am planning to solder in sockets for the memory. Am I safe to assume the control will find the extra memory without error?

Hey DaOne. Do you have any luck adding your own memory? I've wanted to try the same thing.

Yes I upped my VF-2 to 1 meg. I started from 256k. Works great. I could go further but I need to figure out how to multiplex 4 banks. The "PAL" chip that would normally do this isn't on my board. I am sticking with the 1 meg right now as I have room for my custom quick code and macros and can still load a bigger file than I was able to before. Anything bigger gets DNCed.

DaOne,

I tried upgrading from 256k to 1mb on my 95 Vf-0E by adding 6 128k SEC chips. The result was unsucessfull. The screen was a solid orange and it didn't boot.

We removed the chips and now have to re program all of the parameters.

Do you have any pictures of your board/chip setup?

Geoff

Back