What's new
What's new

Haas board repair?

APM

Aluminum
We've got multiple Haas machines and really like them, so this isn't a gripe. We just replaced an I/O board in one of our VMC's. Haas apparently doesn't offer an exchange or repair on boards? The replacement price was reasonable, just seems a shame to toss the old one in the trash. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Greg

If you have an electrical tech friend, customer or contact let them take a look at it. Without schematics it can be a long process.

There are several companies online that offer repairs for Haas Boards, but at half the cost I usually just decide to buy a new and swap it out.

Drop Raytech a PM, I haven't used his new company services directly but from past experiences he was and probly still is the Haas Guru.

Thanks, Sim,

I don't find Raytech in the members list. How do I get PM information? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Thanks,

Greg

hey sim
thanks for the plug. I really only do onsite board repair i do not normally repair boards at my shop because i cannot test them with confidence. depending on the problem with the board i can tell you what you need and you can replace the components if you like or i can walk you through some diagnostics. Let me know the reason for replacement and i will tell you if it worth repairing.
thanks again

Hi Serviceman,
It's an I/O board from a VF1, 2002 model. The board energized both High and Low shift solenoids at once when the machine tried to shift into Low gear, leading to not shifting and a timed out alarm. High gear shifted fine.
Thanks!
Greg

that is usually the triac on the board when they fail they fail closed and conduct voltage all the time. you would have to trace from the plug to see which triac it goes to. sometimes they are labelled and you can find them by looking for the led as well unfortunately i would have to look at it and pin it out to tell you which triac it is. normally you can put a new triac in it and you would be fine they are pretty cheap. that is a common problem. it is a little black unit that has 3 legs going into the board sometimes they have heat sinks screwed to them. they look like transistors. pretty easy fix. the worst part is de-soldering good luck

Back