What's new
What's new

The beep

SIM

Titanium
Instead of hijacking the other thread thought I'd start a new.

Anybody here put that annoying "Beep After M30" on to remind the guy who is standing in front of that machine...the one thats no longer making those machining noises and has a green flashing light indicating that the cylce is done, only to find out the beep is totally dismissed by him as well....but hearing that annoying beep for what seems like an eternity from across the shop drives you crazy to the point you have to yell from across the shop that the F*&!! machine is done and to stick another piece in.

Jus wondering...

I hate that beep...

If you want to check the control panel...

If you want to turn the optional beep on or off on a HAAS machine you can have a look at the HAAS pendant control panel and press SETTINGS button then page down or up to miscellaneous or general section then cursor browse to optional beep during M00, M01 and M30 and then press ENTER. Press Current Commands button again to resume on part program and cycle view.;)

Anybody here put that annoying "Beep After M30" on...

If you want to turn the optional beep on or off on a HAAS machine you can have a look at the HAAS pendant control panel and press SETTINGS button then page down or up to miscellaneous or general section then cursor browse to optional beep during M00, M01 and M30 and then press ENTER. Press Current Commands button again to resume on part program and cycle view.

You could also put a piece in the machine and hit the cycle start...

My Integrex has the ability to toggle the beep on completion as well. I added a 3 color light tower and it turns amber when the cycle is complete and waiting for attention. Setting a parameter turns the beeping on, but it stays on constantly whenever the amber light is on.

It's important to me, since I run my own shop and often tend 4 or 5 machines, so I like the beep to tell me the machine is waiting for assistance. If I'm busy doing something else though the constant beeping drives me up the wall and I turn the parameter off and lose the beep.

I decided I just want the beep for a couple seconds. If I'm around that's all I need, if I'm busy, that's all I want to here. It was a simple modification to add a delay on break relay and wire it to an external buzzer/light. It's powered by the cycle complete output. Now when the cycle is complete I hear the beep for a couple seconds, and I get an extra light I can see from most anywhere in the shop. I even added a guarded switch to trun the beep off entirely if I don't want to be bugged.

It's marked with a notation now that says "Salesman BS detector". I walk over and turn it on when the Machine Toolworks guy comes to visit. If you know when the cycle is going to finsh it's a geat way to call BS to whatever crap they are trying to convince me of at the time...

Works great, and costs arounbd $35 and an hour of your time to implement.

Stuart Carruk,
Thats a real good idea, I could write a few lines of code to get that to happen. It would work great for those days I need to attend the machines while occupied with something else.

Times like that the cycle end beep is a help.

What gets my feather in a ruffle...when I put an operator in front of a machine with a fairly short cycle time and they cannot seem to grasp the idea that the machine is done. The quiet sound eminating from the machine and flashing light don't seem to trigger the thought process so I engage the "Beep at M30" to help. My guess is they are too busy concentrating on breathing. Anyway, the beep don't trigger the thought process either.

Hmmm...Wonder is I could use your idea to setup a relay to "Slap Operator at M30" Sort of parts catcher that work on the outside. A small articulating arm with a soft hand attached to the end.
Maybe just a wire tethered to the operator, we could set up a "Shock at M30". I could start by sending a few volts at first and work up to a full stun setting for those individuals that need a bit more to get their attention. Hmmmm. Thanks...

Perhaps you can rig a timer controlled air horn under the enclosure: after 10 to 20 beep countdown, the air horn goes off :D I'm sure you can 'condition' a new more urgent response to the beeper's incessant signal :D

Talkin of haas beeps ....

On the VF1 the beep sometimes goes off for no reason at all .

the machine is not running .. I just do a zero return after the power up . then I'm thinking ' should I move the x first or the y .. and I am about to reach for the keypad .. and - BEEP ......Beep.... and then one more Beep .

Its this beep that drives me up the wall and not the m30 beep ( we got used to that beep !)

MJM
sudtechcnc

I like the air horn. That's what's hooked to my front doorbell. It used to point down at the doorbell, but my wife "suggested" I relocate it, so it's up on the roof. Most unsuspecting people jump the first time they ring it. After that they're always trying to get their freinds to ring the bell.

It's my answer to the neighbor who's claxon sounds when work starts, ends, shift changes and at break times...

As a youth (never said that before, I must be getting old) my Diving instructor would drive us home after class and pool-time, Anyway he had a facination with trains and always said someday he'd get one of those multi tone horns and mount it on his van...so we all chipped in and bought him one. Sure enough he mounted the bugger on the roof, connected it to one of our SCUBA tanks and had an air horn that would make any truck driver red with envy.
Aside from the normal times he would blow it as he past our High School at 11:30 or so at night, a high school that sat just of the train tracks. What was funny as hell one of the teachers, a preist, who lived at the school would jump out of bed every time he blew that horn, the following morning he'd call the train depot to lodge a complaint and you'd hear him all day in rage that he was awaken by that dam trains horn.

Back