What's new
What's new

Putting a Haas to "Sleep"

gunsmither

Aluminum
Somewhere in the Haas manual, I believe I read something about a "Sleep Mode", that is supposed to kick in after a certain time of idleness, and puts the machine in hibernation. I never saw anything about how to get the machine to "sleep" though.

Is anyone familiar with this feature, and or know how to set it up? It would be handy for me, as I'm often away for a couple of hours, and hate to shut the machine down, then have to restart it to resume part making. It seems like a waste of electricity to leave it going if I'm out of the shop. Machine is a TM-1.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Joe

M95 Sleep mode works the opposite way.

You put it to sleep for M95 6:30 (6hours:30minutes) and when that time elapses it wakes up and runs your Warm Up Program. That way it's all happy, awake, warmed up and ready to go when you arrive the next day.

If you wanted to shut machine after a program you can change setting 1 or 2. Setting 1-will shut machine off after X minutes of idle time. Setting 2 shuts machine after M30 is encountered.

Thinking about it you could run your program then call M95, a sleep period for however long you think it would take for you to get back to machine, then just wake it up when you are ready to run another part by hitting any key or opening door(provided door switch is on). Maybe have an M30 in the line after the M96 so the machine shuts down if you forget about it and go home. You don't want it to wake up all alone and be scared...

Back