What's new
What's new

TM1-P IPS tool set-up question from a new user

rjinbama

Plastic
I was trying to set up some tools in a 10 pocket changer, and when I was inputting my info in the tool set-up tab of the IPS, I could change all of my settings except the tool diameter(it is set at 0.000 and when I input a number such as 0.5 and press the write/enter button it does not update the value). Of course when I would try to do an operation it would prompt me that the tool diameter was 0.0000 and to correct it in the set-up area. Any ideas what I am overlooking here?

try pushing F1 instead of enter??? enter will add or subtract the keyed value, F1 will overwrite with keyed value. maybe you need to start with a value before you can add or subtract from it?? just a guess.....seems like to easy of an answer, but might as well rule out the easy stuff first

Just tried that and still the problem exists. I can still change all of the other entries as well as setting the Z length, but for some reason the tool diameter will not accept the value entered.

Hey guys, I just talked to one of the factory Techs, and he made me feel a little better. This is probably a software issue. He said he was going to check and if so will swing by and update the software. But for now I will need to go into the OFFSET area and chage the values there. I did that while talking to the Tech and when I went back to the Tool Setup page, low and behold the new value was there. I'll let you know if a software update fixes the problem. Thanks for the resposes and hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!

Back