What's new
What's new

Diy air blow

acuvue

Plastic
Hello,

I want to put an air blow on my haas vf6...does anybody have any guidelines what to be careful about if u do it yourself...
I now see that its a must have for hardened materials and carbide inserts..

thx

Funny, I was going to start the same topic. I was thinking getting some loc-line and an npt fitting to a block on the top of the machine, then hook air to it and turn it on manually. I wish there was a way to mcode the outlet or an m-code, but I dont want to do anyhting inside of the cabinet. Maybe put the valve on the inside on the ceing with a magnet?

I've used the extra M codes to operate an air valve on a Haas lathe. It's easily done, and I'm certainly no electrical engineer.

On the board in the cabinet are the relays. Can't remember which board, let me know if you can't find them. You will have to run power to and from the relay. The M code only opens or closes the relay.

Haas service recomended low voltage and low amperage, but I can't remember their definition of low. I used a 120v-24v transformer sold as a doorbell transformer at the hardware store. Juice runs to the transformer, through the relay, and to the air valve.

M54 closes relay and air comes on. M64 opens relay and air goes off.

Let me know if you need more details and I'll help as best I can.

I had to run some magnesium some years back on my VF-2. I just unhooked the coolant line going into the programmable coolant box and hooked up an air line..worked great..and was programmable to boot!
Carl

Air Nozzle

Hi acuvue,

I have a HAAS TM-1P that has a HAAS Programmable PCOOL nozzle on it. I made a little adapter that holds a length of flexible tubing that is hooked to a Heinrich Air Control Foot Pedal. This is a manually operated system that will allow you to blow away excess chips during the machining operation.

If you installed some type of a "Y" fitting you could turn off the coolant and turn on air if you were able to actuate it via the M fuctions as described in this post.

Just something to think about. I have attached a picture

John

Attachments

• P4200020a.jpg
    P4200020a.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 474
what i have done is connect the airline to your coolant line at the tank.
the air then comes out of the Pcool or the blue tubes at the head of the machine. then when you need coolant just unscrew and put the line back on the pump. works great. sure there's no Mcode but it works just turn the valves off at the head.

Back