What's new
What's new

spindle churp or squeak

mls

Plastic
I have a 2006 haas vf 3 the spindle squeaks or chirps not always I've had the machine about 8 mounths its been doing it on and off anyone else have this
thanks Mike

have the same problem, had dealer do some sort of spindle test on it. said it was fine, and that it is common??????? no idea whats making that noise tho.

i havent had any problems but i guess time will tell

It might be worthwhile to go through the tests described in the Haas manuals about checking the output of the spindle air lube unit and to be sure that oil is getting through to the spindle bearings. Check for leaks in the plastic tubing they use to do the plumbing for the air/oil. Any sign of leaky fittings is perhaps warning that your spindle is being robbed of its miniscule lube supply.

The upper pair of bearings are closest to the lube input. Since they are meant to be a slide fit in the spindle cartridge housing (if the spindle warms up relative to the housing, this is where the extra length goes), they may 'chirp' if things are dry, and the outside races make a part of a turn in the housing.

We were getting a chirping sound out of our 2001 TM1. We called the service department at the HFO where we purchased the machine, and they told us that the belt has a tendency to chirp a little bit. We pulled the sheet metal off the head and cleaned the belt pulley and the chirping went away. That was a few years ago, and now it chirps very rarely, mostly at the beginning of the spindle warmup when the machine hasn't been run for a few days.

Back