What's new
What's new

Advanced Jog Handle

Mike Ortega

Aluminum
Who's running these and how do you like'em? We have two of them waiting to be installed. Although they're going on a small vf2, I could have used it 30 times by now. I wont have to have my arm at full extension anymore. :D

We have one on our VF-5. Three of us use the VMC but I'm the only one that uses the remote jog handle. We are all over six feet tall so so using one hand to jog and the other to hold a piece of shim stock under the tool is not a stretch. But I like it!
Carl

We have one on our VF-2. I wish we had them on the 3s and 5, as I think I've used it once or twice on the VF-2. BUT, it is cool. You'll be glad you have it once you got it.

Guys, I think he is specifically referring to the ADVANCED Jog Handle.
That's the one with displays and a whole lot more buttons than the standard Remote Jog Handle.

I am also interested in the opinions...

Guys, I think he is specifically referring to the ADVANCED Jog Handle.
That's the one with displays and a whole lot more buttons than the standard Remote Jog Handle.

I am also interested in the opinions...

Yes that is the one I have/am talking about.

And I will say, if you're paying big bucks to have them installed on VF-2s, well, that's not how I'd allocate MY shop resources, IMO. As I said, the advanced jogs are cool, but a VF-2 is small enough that I never use it.

the only machines we have them on are EC-1600's. Its great when your inside the machine walking around doing multiple setups. Other than that, theres not many bennifits having it on smaller machines.

I would recommend the advanced jog handle even on the VF-2. I wouldn't recommend the old jog handle on the VF-2. I had one and rarely used it. The new handle is awesome. My VF-3SS has one.

You can set zeros and when you are jogging, (which you control by holding the nob stationary at a specific distance off center, not like the old one that you are turning round and round forever) , anyway, when you are jogging and hit your zero, the machine pauses. I have found this really handy for doing manual type jobs that you don't want to overcut and don't want to sit there staring at the control. You can pay attention to the tool and workpiece.

Also, as I mentioned before, you are holding the knob stationary, and the feed is constant (from a really slow to a fairly fast feed - you control how fast by how far off center you are holding it), which gives a better finish than the jerking you get from the previous handles which are exactly what is on the control already.

You can also set offsets, run programs, and do a whole bunch of stuff with it, as well as read the program right off the mini-lcd it has. It is about the same price as the old one.

Just my .02

Yes i agree with tc1999. I have a slight hand injury right now and the jog handle helps a whole lot. But the newest jog handle is sweet but either do a good job and would not buy a hass or any vmc or hmc without that feature. Its just another thing that haas has added to make the control so user friendly.

Back