What's new
What's new

OD/ID tapers on TL-1?

Tommy-D

Aluminum
> I'm getting competent on the Haas TL-1 at school,but haven't figured out how to do an OD or ID taper using just the conversational controls. Is this under the "profile" dialog,or something I'm missing? I know it has an option under threading to do NPT,but nothing for a straight taper.

Thanks in advance for the help,I'm certain someone here has the answer I seek,Tommy D.

I am not right in front of my machine but if I remember correctly in the IPS system you would use Chamfer. It has parameters for length and angle

Tommy, you can fudge tapers by doing OD/ID Chamfers but it's probably not the best or easiest way to create tapers with Haas's IPS. Check out the following .pdf from Haas, it really opens up a new way to program with Haas's IPS!

http://www.haascnc.com/customer_service/manual/IPS/ES0609.pdf

Utilizing the profile option under the Turn & Face tab you can "draw" the entire profile of your part and create a program with roughing and finishing operations. It's a easy way to create a entire program for a part........much easier than trying to use that dang recorder!

Tommy, you can fudge tapers by doing OD/ID Chamfers but it's probably not the best or easiest way to create tapers with Haas's IPS. Check out the following .pdf from Haas, it really opens up a new way to program with Haas's IPS!

http://www.haascnc.com/customer_service/manual/IPS/ES0609.pdf

Utilizing the profile option under the Turn & Face tab you can "draw" the entire profile of your part and create a program with roughing and finishing operations. It's a easy way to create a entire program for a part........much easier than trying to use that dang recorder!

I have tried to use the Turn and Face and "draw" my own part and I get a ton of errors. I am trying to make a part with a ball on the end of it, like a rook in a chess set. I put in my numbers and it does not seem to work. I get a picture that looks nothing like what I thought I would get. Usually just straight lines

I have a TL-1. I haven't done any tapers with it besides some radius and champhers, but you don't have to use the recorder to get a program. Type in your parameters in one of the IPS screens and press start then slide hold right away. Hit mdi and you will see the program the IPS wrote. Change the first block to O1234 or something and it will be in your program list. You can cut an paste into a different prog using the editing tools. I didn't like the recorder funtion either :)

Back