What's new
What's new

Haas VFO problem at college

Mebfab

Diamond
Received a email from another college today. Hoping one of you guys could help of have an idea. Budget cuts mean we would rather not call for service.

I need some help with my HAAS VFO. Since money is short I am hoping that this problem can be fixed in house.

I am getting alarm 139 X motor Z fault.

It says in the manual " Encoder market pulse count failure. This alarm usually indicates that the encoder has been damaged and encoder position data is unreliable. This can also be caused by loose connectors at P1-P4."

I have checked for loose connectors at P1 -P4, and there has not been a crash. The machine is about 11 years old.

We had the same problem on about a similar year and make haas. The service tech came out and fooled around all day with changing the cables,switching boards,ect. But i figured it was the servo motor from the beggning and sure enough it was. But haas was really good about owning up to there mistake. So we did not pay he labor cost for all the fooling around just payed for the parts and labor to change the x servo motor. If you were geting x axis overcurrent alarms before it took a dump its propably the x motor

Back