What's new
What's new

Cover For Tool Setter (renishaw)

joesimmers

Aluminum
what are people doing to protect their tool setters while they are mounted
on the machine table?

Any pics would be great!

I just bought a new probe-toolsetter for my 2 year old vf2.

Joe

Ours is just left on the table with no cover. It's been that way for 3 years. Never been hurt. Always works. I haven't seen anything from Haas or Renishaw recommending a cover. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. I've seen people on this forum using plastic cups or something similar. Did you try a search?

On my newest Haas the VF-5 it has the Midaco Pallet system so I had to move the Tool Setter Probe all the way left and up as far as it would go as the pallet carriers cover the probe. To use the tool setter probe we have to move both pallets to the load stations.

On most of our machines the tool setter is not protected at all.

But we do have two machines that have cut off soda bottles capping the probes.

Even leaving it uncovered, Just give your probe a shot of air before you touch off any tools and you should be fine.

Mohawk

shipping cover

We got a TM-2 and just kept the shipping cover that was installed over. It is "L" shaped on the bottom with a hole for mounting it to the table via "T" slot, the top is "L" angled in the opposing direction with two ears that cover most of the whole probe, the whole thing is one piece bent to shape 1/8 thick, loosen the bolt slide back the cover and rotate out of the way.

I had a little free time on a Friday:D

1236649008.jpg

Gosh, I'm jealous. One thing you might consider, I put a little floor in mine about an inch long, that hits the round base of the setter before the side of the cover contacted the break away anvil. This way you will not inadvertently bump the cover into the setter and break off the anvil. Maybe you did that, I couldn't see that well through the transparent cover.

Vern

Back