What's new
What's new

How to find machines total run time?

How dirty is it? Just kidding -

It is in your diagnostics page. Press PARAM/DIAGNOSTICS button twice to get into diagnostics, then page up or down a couple times if needed to get the correct page.

Should have tool changes, run time, coolant level, bunch of other stuff there.

And - don't mind the ox - he probably hasn't had his third cup of coffee yet::toetap:

It's Dew - not Coffee. :nutter:

I was thinking this was the "CNC" board. Not Haas specific. :o :o :o

Haas would be aboot the only brand that you can prolly git by with only that much info and have all needed. LOL! :crazy:

-----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Haas would be aboot the only brand that you can prolly git by with only that much info and have all needed. LOL! :crazy:

-----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

HAHA - That's funny Ox. - and probably sadly true in some cases...

I was wondering if there's a page where you can get info on how many kilometers or miles the
axis ballnut has traveled so that we can get an idea about ballscrew wear,
( I know we can get how many tool changes it has made)

MJM

I'm not sure how helpful that info would really be -

You could go 100,000 miles using let's assume 40 inches of -X- travel back and forth (full table width) and that would be 158,400,000 times over the same spot - but if you only used 1 inch of travel, then that would be 6,336,000,000 times over the same spot.

The wear mark on that second spot would likely be 40 times worse than the first example.

Of course this is an exaggeration, but I think you get what I am saying...

The thought came when I remembered working on a lathe some years ago.

The machine builder programmed the lube shot to come on every x kilometres of travel of the ballscrew rather than a simple time interval setting .( probably to save lube oil)

The ball screw failed and the manufacturer initially claimed we had fiddled with the parameters.

Of course we hadn't , ( Thats the first time I came upon that type of programmed luberication).

They changed the Ballscrew free of cost.

.As for your point regarding how intense the travel is rather than just how much distance it travelled is ofcourse correct. But when we have similar machines and some are regularly running in two shift and the other is running three shift It sure can give us a rough idea about the usage of the machine .I'll expect the three shift machine to have a failure first...
MJM

Ballscrew wear is also a function of speed. My 93 VF-0 has no detectable ballscrew wear, probably because the DC motors were quite slow and the table inertia relatively low, and the ballscrews being relatively large. Meaning, 1 million inches at 710ipm is different than 1 million inches at 250ipm. Surface speed of a ball will play into the life of a bearing, the lower the speed relative to the rated maximum, the longer the life.

Back