What's new
What's new

Haas TL-1 Conversational Programming

PressureRelief

Aluminum
Just got my new TL-1 up and going. I have set up the tool offsets, and a work offset for the Z axis. When we try to go to conversational programming and turn the od of a part the program hangs. I figured out that I am getting a "0" value for U and W. If I manually edit the program with a reasonable value for U and W the program runs great. Why would I be getting a "0" value written by the Convs Prog?

P/R

I don't think the Haas has enough smarts for the control to add a finish X or Z allowance. It seems they just forgot about finish allowances or they couldn't figure out how to add to the "intuitive" programming. I just got used to having to edit it after it was posted.

Update

I have had some screwy things going on with this machine. The Local has HFO rep was down for some training and got an eyeful. The machine at times will tell the carriage to move and the carriage does not move but the machine X and Z numbers do. VERY BAD! The machine thinks it has moved but has not. I have been able to use the jog handle with the same results, no machine movement but the movement is shown on the screen. I have had it Homed and shown X 0, Z 0, and the carriage is three inches from the chuck.

The HFO rep was persistent and intelligent. He downloaded key strokes to a thumb drive and emailed them to Haas. He went through every setting on the machine. The machine was upgraded to the latest version of software. No difference. Haas says the software is not right and is trying to fix the problem.

Unfortunately I do not have faith in the machine to run it.

P/R

Our TL-3 did that one time, the control showed the machine was moving in X and Z but no movement on the carriage at all, as a matter of fact the servo's weren't even engaged on the carriage or the cross slide because I could move them by the handwheels. We shut the whole machine down and powered it back up and it worked fine.

Only happened one time and we've had out lathe about a year now.

Chris

Our TL-1 has done the same thing. We replicated this problem but in a different way. When we go to hand jog mode, then hit spindle jog, the servos shut off, the hand wheels acan be turned and no numbers move. The we have been unable to replicate on demand the the numbers moving with the machine not moving.

I have talked to our reseller and the seem to think it is a problem with the software and Haas is working on it.

Anyone have any issues with Tool offsets changing. We set up our tools and someone used the machine a week later and the X value was off .02" for all tools and we know they were all set correctly.

I have not had any problem with the tool offsets. Haas has all of my keystrokes and video of the machine doing or should we say not doing it's thing. The service tech grabbed the memory of keystrokes and emailed them to Haas as well as a video from his phone that showed the X,Z coords moving on the screen but the carriage was not moving. Haas recognizes the problem and is working on a fix. My machine will be out of warranty before it has ever run correctly. I wonder what JD Power would day about that on customer satidfaction?

P/R

Back