What's new
What's new

Can't copy from USB

Hoppy

Cast Iron
I'm running a Super Mini Mill with V.16 software and can't copy files from the machine's USB drive to its memory. Here's what happens: I list the files in the USB drive, scroll to the one I want (let's say it's O03001.txt), and then press "Write" to select it. To copy the file I press F2 and this opens a window in which I'm asked to select either "memory" or "USB" as the destination. I highlight "memory" and press "Write". This cause an alarm message that reads "File No Prog Name". I've tried: 1) giving the file a new name on the input line before pressing "Write"; 2) the same file but with a .nc extension instead of .txt; and 3) writing the program in Notepad instead of Wordpad. None of these things makes any difference.

I also noticed that I am unable to create a new directory in memory. When I enter the name on the input line and press "Insert", absolutely nothing happens. Creating new directories in the USB drive works fine.

I've tried copying files from memory to the USB drive and that works fine, also.

Finally, since copying to the USB drive works, I tried renaming the copied file on the USB and then copying it back to memory. I can rename the copied file without a problem, but copying it back to memory does not work.

What's the problem here?

Another thing is to make sure your program number isn't a numbered line (ie N1 Oxxxx). That will make the control not recognize the program number. Just something else to check.

Your procedure sounds a bit different from ours. I don't know but perhaps that could be the problem, although I'll admit the alarm is against that thought.
Try this procedure just for kicks.
In USB, highlight your program press Write.
Left cursor to the directory and up to Memory
Right cursor into Memory.
Only now do you press F2
I know, different software from our VF-2ss. It's worth a try?

Back