What's new
What's new

Program codes on old Haas VMC

viper

Titanium
1997 model. I am getting 212 and 250 which are system errors. I am also now getting a 435 which is floppy abort. All this pops up every time I try to load a program. I was able to load a program an hour ago with only the 212 and 250 showing up. Now I get the additional 435 and will not load a program.

I am wondering if my floppy drive is crapping out???? (hopefully) The green light flashes when loading a program and I thought it was supposed to stay solid. Can anyone help??

I did figure out that my floppy disk is toast. I was curious if a messed up disk can corrupt the Haas system? I am told I may need to reload software. I am less than excited about that. I need to try erasing my current programs but kind of need them for now. I may not be able to export them if I cannot get this floppy thing figured out.

The standard procedure to correct the 212 and 250 alarms is download everything to a floppy, Delete All then reload everything. If your floppy drive is gone this will be impossible.

Try hooking up a PC via the RS232 port, download everything onto a PC, Delete All then upload everything.

Or wait until you can get a new floppy drive installed.

Well, I did determine the floppy disk was bad so a new one of those and I am talking to the machine again. Any ideas how these errors occur so I can try to avoid it in the future? Will this certainly fix the problem? Haas also mentioned it should be in the programs somewhere.

Yes I do know how these alarms can occur but it is related to the editor; does your machine have the full editor with the copy/paste functions and all that stuff.

If you were using the editor when the alarm happened it could be that you caused it.

If you were just copying from the floppy it is possible the bad floppy caused it.

Are you sure it was the floppy not the drive? If that is the case you can probably correct things.

First thing is go to List Program and scroll through the entire list of programs: you might find one with an asterix beside it.

Try to select this program. If you are able to select it scan through it and you might find a line of funny characters.

If you find a line of funny characters try deleting them; if this doesn't work go back to List Program and try to erase the program with an asterix beside it.

If this doesn't work and your floppy drive is working put in a good floppy, select ALL and write everything to the floppy.

Open the floppy on a PC using Word and find the program that had the asterix beside it. Delete any lines with funny characters and then resave as a txt file. Judst to be sure it is a txt file and only a txt file re-open in Notepad then save under a different name.

Now Delete All on the machine (crossing your fingers that this is going to work).

Put the floppy back in and load everything back from the floppy.

I really appreciate your help! I will try to get things worked out tomorrow and dump all the programs and go through them. Only 40 of them!! Oh well. I will just load what I need, when I need it and go from there.

The floppy drive has worked fine after I grabbed a new disk. I tried to open the old one on a PC and the computer got all pissed off too so hopefully was just a junk disk. Hopefully I can find the glitch and move on.

I have caused those errors (Corrupt system, disc ) when downloading from the floppy with something in the clipboard.

A bad Floppy has caused me grief as well.

Sometimes you can delete the program causing grief and move on, other times powering down will work oother times its download everything, delete everything in machine then reload everthing after you delete the last program yo entered.

I have caused those errors (Corrupt system, disc ) when downloading from the floppy with something in the clipboard...

That is a new one to me; I often copy files from a floppy into the clipboard when I want to add a tool part way through a program. Type it in Notepad, name the file O08998, load it into the machine and paste it into the program from the clipboard.

There is a way to thoroughly corrupt things using the editor, bad enough that the controller sometimes has to be completely wiped and everything reloaded. Select a large block of program, open the editor and copy the selected block two or three times; this leaves a block still selected. Now without hitting Reset or Undo to de-select the block start doing a line renumber operation; this will nearly always in my experience corrupt things horribly. I have had it happen on machines all the way from 2002 up to 2007 and the people at the Haas factory have duplicated my results, but they haven't fixed it yet.

That is a new one to me; I often copy files from a floppy into the clipboard when I want to add a tool part way through a program. Type it in Notepad, name the file O08998, load it into the machine and paste it into the program from the clipboard.

There is a way to thoroughly corrupt things using the editor, bad enough that the controller sometimes has to be completely wiped and everything reloaded. Select a large block of program, open the editor and copy the selected block two or three times; this leaves a block still selected. Now without hitting Reset or Undo to de-select the block start doing a line renumber operation; this will nearly always in my experience corrupt things horribly. I have had it happen on machines all the way from 2002 up to 2007 and the people at the Haas factory have duplicated my results, but they haven't fixed it yet.

Ahh maybe it's because I never actually paste the block I have copied into the clipboard O08998. I usually just let it hang in memory then paste wherever I need. So I should restate as: I find that if I copy a block, not paste anywhere then download a program I will wind up with a corrupt error.

Ever try to do a Single Block Dry Run on as SL-20 at 50%+ rapids, you will get a Servo Error. Haas was able to Duplicate as well. They fixed it in a flash, told me not to Single Block while in Dry Run with the rapids high. They are so smart, never had that problem again using there fix.

Back