What's new
What's new

2006 vf3 tool changer 113 alarm

mls

Plastic
Hello recently my machine gets this shuttle in fault alarm when it first happened it only did it once now it is doing it a few times to get the machine homed out in the morning. Once it tool changes for the first time it seems to be fine.

I have cleaned the chips of of everything I can.

I have switched out the relays k9 k10 to k11 k12 and so on

I took the brush caps off the toolchange motor to blow out and dust and look at brushes.

wiped of toolchanger senser .

I was going to swicth out the senser with on another they look the same but they are labeled different or is this for assembly reasons

last machine says to check parms 62 63 702 I beleive what are they suppose to be

thankyou for your help Mike

I had something similar on a SuperMiniMill and eventually tracked it down to a loose setscrew on the crank arm that moves the shuttle in and out. This created just enough lost motion that the shuttle did not move far enough in to trigger the sensor.

Parameter 62 is Shuttle Start Delay.

Parameter 63 is Shuttle Stop Delay.

Parameter 702 I cannot find, they don't seem to go that high.

You did check out the brush and also blew it out...

You could check the tension of the brushes by lightly pulling on the copper wire .

If you have been using the machine for more than a year or so , chances are that the brush could be worn out ,

You can remove the brush too , Just push the spring plate( thats the flat piece on which the coiled flat spring is attached to) to one side and also into the inside of the hole simultaneously , and it will just pop out into your hand .

Just check that the tip of the carbon brush which makes contact with the commutator is not too shiney. if it is you can remove the excess shine with some emery (fine) and try again.

You could check the length of the brush ( But I dont know the original length).

Good Luck
Mathen

thankyou for your for the help and yes I did look at the brushes but the problem was the tool changer shuttel in switch I replaced and now it works
thanks Mike

Also, the tool change height and age of the tool fingers can cause this. If the tool changer fingers are worn, they can bend and not catch in the V of the holder. When the shuttle comes in, it jams against the flange instead of dropping in the V. You can adjust the tool change height (param 64 on my machine) to align it properly, but all your fingers have to be straight so the height is consistent. An error exceeding .015 witll cause a jam.

Yeah we get that problem ( tool v shift ).
We found that it was caused by some sticky tools. When the spindle deposits a sticky tool on to the carousel for a tool change , the reluctant release from the spindle bends the aluminium carousel plate.

I figured that this wouldnt happen if we had more precise switches for the Tool release position sensing.

I f we had more precise switches then we could signal not just that the Tool de-clamp position is reached , but also if the tool knock out (by some factory preset amount) from the spindle occurred.

Then it would alarm out if there was a sticky tool. I doubt if the proximity sensors can signal with that precision....

I saw a demo on a BFW machine where they are using an LVDT attached to a settable mini plc . The LVDT is placed near the pullstud area and can monitor the movement of the pullstud with precision....( must be a costly option ofcourse)

MJM

Back