What's new
What's new

Programmable Air/Coolant for HAAS Machines

HelicopterJohn

Cast Iron
Hi,

I just finished a little project that I have been working on for a while and thought I would share. ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1ArxUjLy5c

This unit was hooked up to my PCOOL nozzle on my HAAS TM-1P which allows for individual programmable height for each tool selected.

It allows the user to either select coolant or air via the M08 and M09 commands that are sent to your machine via GCode. I installed a 3 position rocker switch on the HAAS control pendent that allows for the selection of air or coolant. Center postion on the switch is OFF.

On the programmable air side of things it allows for manual adjustment at the control box that I mounted to the underside of the HAAS control pendent for the "time between air blasts" and also the "duration in time of the air blast". The impluses sent from the timer unit to to a HIGH FLOW 115 volt air solenoid valve.

I did a little test and got approximate 285 pulses like the one shown in the video prior to my compressor clycling. 90to 120 PSI compressor cycle.

The installation was done in a manner that resulted in minimal modifications to the HAAS control. I utilized existing mounting holes and grounding lugs that were already in the HAAS control cabinets. The only wire that was modified was the black wire that goes to the coolant pump. Took off the wire connector and replaced it with a butt splicer which is easily reversable.

The electronics and techincal knowledge to put this prototype unit together came from my friend Lyle Jagger. Lyle you are the MAN!

Hi,

I just finished a little project that I have been working on for a while and thought I would share. ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1ArxUjLy5c

This unit was hooked up to my PCOOL nozzle on my HAAS TM-1P which allows for individual programmable height for each tool selected.

It allows the user to either select coolant or air via the M08 and M09 commands that are sent to your machine via GCode. I installed a 3 position rocker switch on the HAAS control pendent that allows for the selection of air or coolant. Center postion on the switch is OFF.

On the programmable air side of things it allows for manual adjustment at the control box that I mounted to the underside of the HAAS control pendent for the "time between air blasts" and also the "duration in time of the air blast". The impluses sent from the timer unit to to a HIGH FLOW 115 volt air solenoid valve.

I did a little test and got approximate 285 pulses like the one shown in the video prior to my compressor clycling. 90to 120 PSI compressor cycle.

The installation was done in a manner that resulted in minimal modifications to the HAAS control. I utilized existing mounting holes and grounding lugs that were already in the HAAS control cabinets. The only wire that was modified was the black wire that goes to the coolant pump. Took off the wire connector and replaced it with a butt splicer which is easily reversable.

The electronics and techincal knowledge to put this prototype unit together came from my friend Lyle Jagger. Lyle you are the MAN!

John-

Pretty nice.

Keep up the good work!

What you need to do is make another switch so you can turn the air popper on while the coolant is running!

Tim

Input

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the favorable comments!

This unit is presently in the beta testing phase and I am sure other enhancements are possible.

I have a few other ideas as it pertains to this programmable air/coolant system as well as other air operated enhancements that may get incorporated into this unit.

John

Back