What's new
What's new

HRT210 on a minimill

david n

Diamond
Will a HRT210 rotary table fit on a mini mill? I found a sweet deal on a mini, but it will be contingent on the rotary fitting and allowing for enough Y and Z travel.

Will a HRT210 rotary table fit on a mini mill? I found a sweet deal on a mini, but it will be contingent on the rotary fitting and allowing for enough Y and Z travel.

Will depend on your indexer face or adapter plate. You (or a fixture builder) can fabricate a subplate that supports the indexer off the table pallet of the machine. This should allow you to utilize a trunion plate with tail stock at a position well under the spindle.

Shoot me an e-mail if you need a picture or some sort of scetch for reference. [email protected]

A true Chinese mini mill (~120 lbs)? No way! The rotary table itself you are thinking of using is 8" AND weighs in at 165 lbs! The mini mill is better suited for 4" rotab ... add a stepper to it if you wish and come in under 25 lbs.

http://www.haas.co.uk/hrt210.html

We use a minimill with the extra 4 inches of Z height added and a HRT-160. Rotary is located as far on the right side as possible and tool changes can make you check your shorts on a new program. Make a cardboard mockup and check all of the tool lengths. Clyde

Back