What's new
What's new

tool table question on haas super vf-3

idmachine

Plastic
hello,

i am trying to put in a 4" shell mill with empty pocket on each side, can't seem to get the tool in pocket 1.

in pocket tool table i clear everything.
press origin key, 0 & origin keys, 3 & origin keys, space & enter keys, then
i enter an "L" in pocket 1, then origin & "Y" keys.
my pocket looks like :
SPNDL = 1
1 L = 2
2 - = 0
3 = 3
4 = 4
5 = 5
6 = 6
ect.
23 = 23
24 - = 0

everything probes fine on shell mill (tool 1), press next tool and tool 1 is placed in pocket 1
i probe tool 2, a 1/2" end mill, press next tool key (here's the strange part)

the arm grabs tool 1 off the carousel the same time it grabs tool 2 from the spindle.
it places tool 2 in pocket 1, carousel moves 2 places and tool 1 is placed in pocket 3.
next up, after tool 3 is probed, next tool pressed and it is placed in pocket 5.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks,

richard

Vf-3

Hi, you may be doing nothing wrong at all. After your tool page is populated just as you did. Load tools from the spindle and let the machine worry about where they go because if you are useing tool 1 then call tool20 in your program next pocket 20 will be holding tool 1 then you call tool 12 the machine loads 12 into the spindle and puts t20 away into pocket 12 and before you know it everything is scrambled up but the machine knows where they are. just make sure its set up ok at first with empty pocket eather side of a large tool ect and only worry whats in the spindle I hope this is the answer you were looking for -Chris-

The tools are placed randomly in the pockets. Nothing you can do about it. IF the tool is too large and you fear it will hit other tools in the tool changer then you might need to change that one manually.

"The tools are placed randomly in the pockets. Nothing you can do about it. IF the tool is too large and you fear it will hit other tools in the tool changer then you might need to change that one manually."

It will only put a tool away where it just took one from, it you start out with empty spaces they will be maintained unless you call one of the empty pockets as it will put the tool from the spindle in the previously empty space.

If your machine has the random side arm tool changer, don't wory about it. Just don't use 2 4 inch cutters in succession. The machine will remember that it put tool 1 in pocket 5. The machine knows tool number not pocket number.

Back