What's new
What's new

Can't get rid of Corrupt program

SIM

Titanium
Cranked the VF-1 up today only to find alarm 212/251 which indicate a corrupt program or bad battery.

No battery low indication so I dumped all the programs onto the floppy and deleted All the programs...well All except the one Corrupt Guy that has an asteris next to it. Tried to delete it several times and nothing. Tried to write over it but it would just relocate to a new position on me.

I found I can clear the alarms write or download new programs and get he machine to run... but I still know something is wrong...especailly when you turn the machine on and get System Error written on the screen with that dam red light flashing, to which at least one person has to come by and let me know about. Yeah thanks!! I know it is flashing RED...

Anyone have a clue as what to do?

I called Haas and they said it may be the processor, needs a new one and reprogrammed/ but it's running? I'm thinking along a different line but not sure how to go about getting there.

Ahh computers, gotta love 'em....

I have had that problem and found the only solution was to get my Haas tech in to lobotomize the control and reload the operating software.

Actually I have had it three times and each time it was just purge the operating software and reload, there was nothing wrong with the processor.

Incidentally where you the person who shut the machine down before you got this alarm, and what were you doing?

I know how to create this type of alarm by a particular procedure in the Haas editor so it is possible you accidentally did this.

Say you want to select a large block of program for transfer to another location or when you are just wanting to add a new tool by copying some code and then editing it. You do the F2 scroll F2 followed by F1 to open the editor then select copy block in the drop down menu. Now your copy is still selected so if you want to renumber lines or remove line numbers you can do F1 again to open the editor. Sometimes if you have a large block selected as soon as you push any other key everything craps out and you get a corrupted program.

I have done this a few times and some of my guys have done it so we spent some time analysing what we were doing. I came up with the above sequence and contacted a Haas applications guy down in Oxnard who successfully corrupted things by doing it. So at least one person at Haas knows about it.

I could tell you how to doo this on a Fanuc, but not a HAAS.

I have had issues like this on Fanucs as well. I have found that these specters tend to rear their ugly heads when the library is near full. ???

How about the HAAS? Was your library very full?

-----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Hi.
We've had similar problems with three Haas lathes. Two were due to probable power surges (lightning storms). We don't know what caused the third one, but it resulted in a duplicated program with the same number & an asterisk. I called our local Haas tech guy for advice & he faxed us an instruction sheet. Basically, there are two parameter-protection settings which need to be temporarily changed...then all programs including those software programs in the O99xx range, need to be copied to disk. Then everything needs to be erased, the machine shut off, the software & programs reloaded, and the settings returned to normal.
You really need to call your Haas tech guy for the best advice. Out here, our guy is Greg with Machining Time Savers & he's great! Good luck!

The exact thing happened to me a couple of years ago,there is a procedure to do this and you shouldn't have to buy a new controller. First thing to remember is to backup your 9000 programs to disk, i think it was setting 23 that allowed you to "see" the 9000 programs which include quick code and machine related files. For some reason the control can't delete the bad program if the 9000 programs are there. John is right that Haas has instructions about fixing this exact problem, i don't know if the "it needs a new board" people are the ones to ask for it though. If they don't help i can look for my notes when i did it.

Same thing happened to me. They told me to delete like the other guys say, shut down, restart and reload. I was sweating bullets until it was back up, though. Deleting 9000 programs made me very nervous. But it worked.

Thanks, this is the line of thinking I was going in. Kind of like when I have had computer issues and instead of spending hours with tech support I just erased the harddrive and reloaded my programs... back up and running.

I will call again this morning and see what Haas has come up with, if not in this direction I will lead them in that direction. I couldn't see why I'd need a proccessor if it's processing.
I may ask for more details on downloading and reloading if I can't make headway.

No to all the above possible reasons:
-Not much in memory, 76% remained
-No Storms or Surges, at least not to my knowledge anyway.
-I wasn't editing.

... just turned machine on and errors came up.

Thanks to all for your input, I feel a bit better now.

Today life is good...

I inquired about unlocking the 9000 programs and they agreed that would be the best route before changing the processor. ( at least the best for me...)

Setting 23, backed up setting, Cleared ALL the programs, reinstalled with a copy of Quickcode from another machine and we are up and running without errors.

Thanks alot for the help.

Back