What's new
What's new

that horrible beeping on a TL-3

Brenden

Plastic
I run a TL-3 alot at work. At the tool change it beeps incessantly until I swap tools and hit cycle start. The first day I ran it I ended up taping a bunch of foam over the noise maker, because it was driving the whole shop nuts. Its still annoying, so I end up just putting an option stop on the tool changes and hitting cycle start twice after I change tools.

SO, does anyone know how to turn it off? I havn't found a parameter for it.

No parameter to turn it off

After my TL-1 was operating for about a week, I called my HFO to ask how the damn beeping could be turned off. They said there is no parameter, but you could cut the power wire to the beeper speaker and install a switch on it. Turn it off when doing production with a lot of tool changes. Turn it back on for other lathe work. I haven't made this mod yet, but I probably will soon.

Eric

Setting(not a parameter)39 turns the beeper on/off on my Haas VF-2,VF-5,SL-20 and SL-30. Press the Settings button and enter 39 then press the cuser down button...this will highlight setting 39...IF your TL has this setting.
Carl

Does yours have the volume control knob? Our VF7 has a Knob under the operator panel that will turn down the volume.

Dunno specifically about a TL-3, but as ARB says...if the sound's coming from a small plastic knob under the control panel, it's just a rotatable shutter. Turn it to dampen the sound.

you could cut the power wire to the beeper speaker and install a switch on it. Turn it off when doing production with a lot of tool changes. Turn it back on for other lathe work. I haven't made this mod yet, but I probably will soon.

Eric

This would be a real easy fix. The speaker is right inside the control panel. It is real easy to get to. I you don't care about having it at all just unplug it.

Back