What's new
What's new

rotating program in the 500

citizen_snips

Aluminum
In the shop I work at, we use a 2 pallet haas 500. The progams are universal to our other haas, vf-2 and vf-4. To use them in the 500, we must rotate them with a g68 at 180. degrees. Now this works fine until we try to rotate a program with xz or yz contouring. I have tried all kinds of combinations of tricks, even putting a g18 in front of each line of code that requires it. But this is clumsy and editing each program each time is not an option, even tho it worked. I've looked at my manual for a setting that might be changed, no luck. In fact the manual leads me to believe that I CAN successfully rotate xz or yz with no trouble. Any thoughts? I experimented with the vf-2, and it alarmed out with invalid in i,j, or k just like the 500.:crazy:

figured out more about this prog. rotation problem

So, nobody here either knew what I was talking about, or had no ideas. BUT - I have discovered that programs using spline-type programming rather than i,j,k vector programming WILL work when you rotate the program, so the code is a series of x,y,z points. Bye fer now!

Back