What's new
What's new

Thru Spindle Coolant Inop.

JoBwan

Aluminum
Hello everyone,
I have a 1998 Haas VF-10 (serial # 16018) that I can't seem to get the thru spindle coolant to work. We moved this machine @ 6 months ago, and the operator hasn't used the TSC since. Everything seems to be funtioning properly with an M88 and M89 codes but no coolant. I have tried to prime the pump to no avail. There is no collant coming from the pump. We have replaced the Aux. filter next to the pump @ 2 months ago and I am wondering if (or how) we've lost the prime. Does anyone have any suggestions or related experiences? Thanks in advance to anyone who may help out.:cheers:

TSC Inop??

Does regular flood M8 coolant work? Does the pump even turn on?

Hey Mike,
Yes, the pump turns on. M8 and M9 works fine. M88 and M89 also works fine. I think i will try to change the rotation on the motor. I was told a little while ago, that the TSC motor is the only thing on the machine that is phase sensative. The TSC motort/pump is totally seperate from the normal (adjustable coolant). Again, I will change the phase rotation and see what happens.:confused:

Good morning to all.
This morning I changed the phase and all is working properly. That phase rotation indicator must not work very well. It was showing that the rotation was good? After changing the rotation, it still shows good. I'm back up and running with the TSC. Thanks,

Back