What's new
What's new

Haas Sl-20 Barfeeder Programming

wganders

Plastic
We're getting a Haas SL-20 With a Servo 300 barfeeder and I need some sample programs. Can anyone help?

I'm not sure how this system works but what I'd like to do is have a part program, then a subprogram to bar feed. The subprogram should check for a bar and if it's not there go to another subprogram to load and prep a new bar, if a bar is there it should go back to the main program. Is this necessary for a Haas??

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wganders

You can find a pdf document on the Haas website that describes using the Servo 300. Go to www.haascnc.com then click on Site Map and then Manual Updates and start looking for Servo 300. Somewhere near the middle of the page I seem to recall.

I think the approach you are considering is more or less the correct one; we do not use a self loading barfeed and just chew through a bar to an L count.

No problem. Everything you want is done automaticaly with a g105. Except for the prepping, you have to do that while loading the tray. Relax, when they install your machine and demo it, you will understand.

Thanks

Thanks for the info! I'm new at this company and need to make a good impression when this machine hits the floor. It is a used machine but I guess I can call a Haas rep if I run into problems.

Wganders

we have one on a SL-20 and it wasnt nearly as easy as it is led to believe here...

if you dont do it much it will be an obstacle until you learn it.

we have three HAAS machines and only the bar feeder gave us headaches, to the point we seldom use it now..

as a matter of fact the guy setting it up three years ago didnt know how to set it up and run it...he was on his cell for hours and back and forth to the fax machine getting instructions...took more than a day..and he WORKED for HAAS!!!!

true it was his first time setting up that style ( i guess there are two styles kinda like brushless and brushed rotarys).

that bar feeder takes up a lot of room!!!

to use the bar feeder you have to set the MACROS 3100, 3101, and 3102.....you access them by hitting the CURRENT COMMAND button and then the page down a few times till it shows up...

then you have to run through the training of the bar feeder by entering G105 Q4 in MDI then hit cycle start

the bar will load and run through a trial run and I think measure itself...to make sure the bar in the tray will fit. then you press RESET and use the jog handle to push the bar o your reference position , then clamp the chuck or collet.

the bar feeder has a manual....like most things once you go through it and do it alot...it becomes easier....we dont use ours much

good luck

bob

Back