What's new
What's new

haas vf0 spindle driver

wildchild

Plastic
I have a 95 haas vf0, while doing the start up heard a shorting sound from the control cabinet.

Now I don't have any spindle drive. If I try to turn on the spindle after start up I get an alarm 149 ( spindle turning) but it's not turning.

I have main power going in to the spindle driver but the LED display is dead. I can't remember if that display is active when the machine starts or only when the spindle was turning?

I'm thinking my Magnetek spindle driver has packed it in.?

Thanks if any one can offer any ideas or help

Flip off and turn the main breaker on again at the panel first, in case a single phasing issue occurred which may partially trip the breaker if it is not working correctly.

Using a voltmeter (if you are comfortable working around high voltages, check the voltages on all three legs of the big multi-tap transformer in the back of your Haas, just to be sure that you're working from the beginning and from there on inwards.

HU I checked the voltages and every thing was normal going in to the spindle driver.

I sent the driver away and had it fixed every thing works good again. The repair place said its common on a haas for that spindle driver to go to sleep they called it.

Back