What's new
What's new

Tool Holder Loose in Spindle

haasby3

Plastic
I have a 2000 VF2. I started getting a terrible finish on my part, sounded like my part was coming loose from the vise, but not the case, I grabbed ahold of the toolholder and was able to wiggle it back and forth, Anyone ever come across this? Is there some adjustment I can make before I call the local Haas repair guy?

Do you have the right pullstud? Is the pullstud tight? Is the holder orientated in the spindle the correct way?

It sounds like the Belleville springs that hold the drawbar and pull stud up have broken.

Possibly it is just a case of the pull stud being loose and I would check that but if it is tight I think it is a case of broken Bellevilles.

The screw holding the draw fingers in the spindle may have came loose. look up inside and se if theres not a 3/8" socket head cap screw. if so try tightening it.

Sound like your drawbar Belville stack is toast.
Call Hass for the ft. lb spec. and renew it.
You could also just buy a new drawbar assy.

I have a 40 taper drawbar force gage made by Clamprite that I'd rent out if you are interested.

alan

So,
You want to "lease it also"

Send a check that clears for the amount of the unit, plus shipping To and fro and I'll refund all but 100 after return inspection.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, We called Haas and they are putting in a new drawbar it as I write this. All the springs were broken.

Back