What's new
What's new

VF3 Owner's thoughts

Dan Howard

Plastic
Client wants a 67" X 24" plate 3"THK. machined with various slots,holes,dowels.Due to the locations I would have to overhang plate 20" from end of table and remove end panel.Plate is approx.1300 lbs.
Opinions appreciated.Value of work woould not warrant damage to machine table gibs.

If it were purely an issue of balance, you could counterbalance the load. Suppose you could get a couple of 2" square C1018 bars, in 12 foot lengths, you could place those bars on the table. Place your plate on top of it, and slide back and forth as required. Add suitable counterweight to oppose the imbalance when you have the plate moved off to one end.

The long bars will also give you a place to apply some clamps to clamp the plate on top of, and you could drill through and counterbore the bars to fasten to the T slots.

I think the VF3 is good for 4000 lbs. You might want to cut the rapid back to 50%.

Just had a quick look, VF3 good for 3,500lb / 1588kg
looking at a VF5 for 4000lb/1814kg max weight on table

:cheers:

Should not be a problem once you pull your tin and make some extenders. I did a job about that same size only in Iron and did not have any issues. I even need to do a boat load of surfacing and have it match up and it all came out pretty darn nice.

Back