What's new
What's new

Aparantally this machine is in beautiful condition

I'm skeptic of clean machines. One full'a chips RUNS!

I see that the paint is peeling tho .... Possibly synth coolant?

----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thats the built in vise stop....

Oh my! I somehow didn't catch that the first time. :eek: :bawling: :o

I wrecked way more $ werth of covers myself just last week than that. And mine crash was less than 24 hrs after I installed the new cover! :willy_nilly:

---

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I almost did that on my new mini a few days after I got it up and running. You can run kurt 675 vices on the table with no clearance problems until you have to clamp something that requires the jaws to be very close together. The grease zerk and the rest of the movable jaw extend out beyond the base of the vise. With only one inch of clearance between the table and the column when you are all the way minus in the Y axis, you could do some damage. Luckily I was only jogging the table all the way to Y minus to get somthing out of the chip pan when my little brain told me to check to see if something would go crunch. I stopped about 1/8" short. :D

I almost did that on my new mini a few days after I got it up and running. You can run kurt 675 vices on the table with no clearance problems until you have to clamp something that requires the jaws to be very close together. The grease zerk and the rest of the movable jaw extend out beyond the base of the vise. With only one inch of clearance between the table and the column when you are all the way minus in the Y axis, you could do some damage. Luckily I was only jogging the table all the way to Y minus to get somthing out of the chip pan when my little brain told me to check to see if something would go crunch. I stopped about 1/8" short. :D

Similar situation in my Haas VF-0. If you look in the picture, on the very right hand side of the vise you can see the work stop bolted to the back of the vise. Well if you move the round piece back with the set screw thru it for when you are working on a smaller piece in the vise the round part overhangs the back of the table. Well one afternoon while cleaning chips out of the machine, I had the table all the way to right and all the way back. As I was handwheeling it over to the left I just saw the drain tube you see hanging down from my mist collector move ever so slightly out of the corner of my eye and made me stop turning the wheel because it kinda startled me.....wasn't expecting anything to move other than the table.......good thing I stopped too, because I was about an inch away from running into the side of the way cover with the back end of the work stop! :eek:

Now when cleaning the chips out of the machine, we never move the "Y" axis all the way back.

100_2330.jpg

If that's in Beautifull Condition, I'd hate to see one in Good Condition or worse yet one with a few light dings...

What would it take to wipe the thing down and maybe try to straighten out the cover a tad.

Back