What's new
What's new

Steel

lee182

Plastic
Hi,
This has been a topic which has interested me for a long time, and that is how well Haas machines cut Steel/Hard Materials,
i have read so much on this some possitive and a lot negative, we have a VF2 Mill stripped back option with no extras, the machine creams steel with no problem at all, we also have a TL1 Lathe and Mini Mill these struggle a little, but are much smaller machines,
i was just after feedback really from others about this topic, i know a lot is laso down to tooling at programing but was just wandering your thoughts on it????

Thanks guys :cheers::)

I had a Haas TM1 and I used to cut 718 inconel on it. I just never used cutters bigger than 3/8 for inconel on it, and never bigger than 5/8 to cut aluminum. It's a whole lot cheaper to buy a new cutter than it is to buy a new spindle.

Haas is not an overly rigid machine. Steel and hardened material? Light fast cuts and you'll be fine. Try to hog and you'll be pulling your hair out.

I had a Haas TM1 and I used to cut 718 inconel on it. I just never used cutters bigger than 3/8 for inconel on it, and never bigger than 5/8 to cut aluminum. It's a whole lot cheaper to buy a new cutter than it is to buy a new spindle.

I think the 5/8" might have been babying it a bit in alum. I use 3" shell mill and it fine. I take shallower cuts but its worth it to cover more area.

Back