What's new
What's new

Turret fault

Co2 mech

Cast Iron
I have an HL-4 that was crashed pretty hard. Got it all fixed and alligned, it worked fine for about a week and now is allarming out a 114 turret fault on tool # 11 only. You can index one tool at a time and no problem, but try to go two or three stations in one move and stop on #11 and it alarms out 90% of the time. Any one have any ideas? Thanks

Did you watch while it was being re-aligned?

One step in the alignment is to adjust the coupling between the servo and the worm drive that indexes the turret so that when the servo reaches the correct position according to its encode count the dogs on the turret are centered on the dogs on the saddle so it can pull in and lock.

It sounds like this alignment may be a very small amount off so the dogs do not quite line up sometimes.

dialing in

I didn't watch, I did it. Yes, I set the back lash with the curvic coupler centered and the turret locked. Set it on tool one and checked it on the problem # 11 also. The teeth on the worm gear and turret center shaft look good. Like I said it only does it on tool # 11. The operator did a good job on the crash, broke all six bolts holding on the Z axis ball nut. Also had to replace the bearing retainer for the worm gear, after replacement the worm gear indicated out at .0005. Just can't see why it's only one tool.:nutter:

Thanks

The large O-Ring that seal the turret may be binding...I know it will alarm the machine out if it is out of groove / ripped or torn especially when indexing fast...But alarming in only one position...that doesn't sound likely, but figured worth mentioning anyway.

Back